Throats and noses

by rebecca ~ December 1st, 2004. Filed under: Ordinary Muse.

Both little man (LM) and I have caught colds, so intermittently during the night LM awoke to complain about it…not much I could do but offer him juice (which he refused) and pat his back (which he preferred). He also developed his first real snore around five a.m.. He sounded like the one of those soft rubbery dog toys: skeeekskeeekskeeek.

This morning right before I left out I thought I heard big guy (BG) singing a song, and he sounded pretty passionate, like he does when he is in the midst of making a new song. I peeked my head in the bedroom and realized he, too, was snoring at a high pitch. Maybe it is officially high frequency day. I will have to teach my morning class with my nose plugged (well, it already is). All noises must be above “Mi” on the scale, circling my head like flies. Mi a name I call myself , Fa a long-long way to fall…

Oh yes, the snow falls again today in soft fluffy mini bits of rabbit fur. I think snow helps to cleanse the mind, snow erases distraction and snow makes the world a room of one’s own. Snow is a blanket that encourages everyone to go back to sleep and dream.