Posted by: | 10th Dec, 2008

Guys Wear’en Rainboots = social suicide??

The first term is almost over, and I have one more final in a few days, so naturally, the most pressing thought on my mind is: can I pull off rainboots without committing social suicide??

Lets face it people, it rains a lot here. Puddles are a constant fixture on the walkways. As a person who is not from Vancouver, I’m finding ways to tweak my life to adapt to the rain. How unaccustomed to the rain I am, you ask? When that new “pond” formed on University Boulevard a few weeks back, I squealed/stared/pointed in amazement….while bystanders were shocked only by my reaction.

So, I ask: are rubber rainboots socially accepted for guys. I ask, ofcourse, because I’ve never outgrown the pimply/socially awkward kid I was in highschool. I’ve seen a lot of girls wear’em, but I have yet to come across any guys wearing’em. Everytime I accidentally step into a puddle with my converse, I dream about how dry and toasty my feet would be if I had been wearing rubber rainboots. And where would one go to get men’s rubber rainboots? I mean, I don’t want to spend close to a hundred bucks at MEC for a top-of-the-line fisherman rainboots.

Responses

Hi, this is a comment.
To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts’ comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.

Screw fashion, stand out from the crowd! I highly suggest you get bright purple shiny rainboots. I don’t even know if they make such things for men, but were I in Vancouver in need of warm feet, I would most certainly seek some such thing! Then you can get a bright yellow umbrella, a red jacket, a green toque, orange pants, and a hawaii shirt and dance around in the rain singing songs by Leon Lai. You’d pick up so many chicks!

(I am insane.)

I wear green wellingtons all the time, they do cost alot, but you can walk for miles in them, especially in your climate, they are necessary. It is worth the extra money, they just fit better. They are Hunter Originals and also a pair of Hunter Original short. Wear them knowing you are drier and more comfortable than people who (for whatever reason) want to wear canvas shoes in the rain. Women always ask about my boots, they love them. I had a friend comment on them, and I told him my feet are
warm and dry, what could possibly be wrong with
that?

Leave a response

Your response: