Session follow Up

Slides

Breakout Room Slides

Video

Session Materials

Whiteboard: burning questions

Our Wicked Questions

1. ​Can we make our courses accessible for students with different disabilities by delivering them through a multi-access mode, while also make them engaging and create a sense of community?
  2. How can one person equitably engage all students who are spread across 2 modes with different affordances?
  3. ​Instructors and students are bound to come into the hybridspace with different expectations of engagement. How can these be effectively managed?
  4. ​How can one person equitably engage all students who are spread across 2 modes with different affordances?
  5. How do instructors balance the need to foster student well-being with their own? For example, how do you balance instructor workload with student need for flexibility or accessibility?
  6. How can we facilitate the interaction between online and in-person student groups during a discussion?
  7. How can we achieve equity in student engagement through different modalities, especially without a TA
  8. How do I balance my preferences with the audience’s preferences for delivery
  9. How do I balance taking advantage of new possibilities with supporting those who prefer ‘the old ways’
  10. How to foster affective learning while using a teaching platform that focuses on knowledge dissemination
  11. ​How do I offer options and encourage/require people to use one preferred mode?
  12. ​How do i require in-person attendance and require sick people to stay home?
  13. How do I offer choice of mode and a top quality optimal experience independent of mode?
  14. How do I offer options and encourage/require people to use one preferred mode
  15. ​How do I offer choice of mode and a top quality optimal experience independent of mode?
  16. ​How do I require in-person attendance and require sick people to stay home?
  17. How to make teaching/learning authentic while thwarting academic dishonesty yet being open to providing accommodations?
  18. How do we encourage students to choose the format (in person vs online) that is ‘best’for them, while simultaneously what is best for the whole class experience (not too many online)?
  19. ​How can we achieve equity in student engagement when teaching using different modalities, especially without a TA?
  20. How do you balance student flexibility and self-direction with the development of a cohesive learning community and togetherness?