These were just jokes?!

On April Fool’s day, several brands released series of videos to introduce their new goods and services with brand-new features to fool people around in a serious way. By saying “serious”, those videos seem to be really persuasive and engaging. I believe most people have already seen some of them but I did not realize these were jokes until I found out the articles on the Brandchannel website.

Image from Google.

Google, as a leading browser in the world, has evolved with various fields of services to fulfill people’s needs. It unveiled its Google Chrome multi-mouse web-browsing by showing each step that how it looks like and how it functions in the real life. There
is also a link provided to allow you check it out right away. On the other hand, Google Fiber introduced its ever-new edible brand extension to make a healthy life for Google “users”, which apparently, sounded a little unrealistic.

Image from Google.

In the mean time, ironically, Lululemon addressed its new idea of Lululeather to respond to their recent incident that there won’t be any transparency issues any more. These videos aimed to celebrate April Fool’s day because these all turned out “Happy April Fool’s Day!”. However, it is also an effective way to showcase their brands by simply uploading their “invention” to draw people’s attention as well as creating potential customers. I actually hope that all or at least some of them will come true in the near future, which would bring lots more convenience to people’s daily life.