Comment on Natalie Mak’s blog

Image from Google.

I found it interesting in one of Natalie Mak’s blogs “Role of Trademarks in Marketing”. It basically talks about French luxury brand Louise Vuitton sued the owner of a hair salon in Hong Kong for infringing its trademark. As a non-LV fan, for some reason I do not get it why people are so into using something with LV labels on everywhere, especially in a hair salon! I get that some people may think carrying around a leather bag with LV trademarks on will upgrade their class or so. But please purchase the authentic luxury brand products only if you can afford it, or else do not imagine that fake ones will do you a favor. The fake ones will bring you nothing but a lawsuit like what the poor guy would face. I feel sorry for the guy as well as LV brand. For the guy, he is going to pay a large amount of compensation that he does not deserve to. For LV, its brand image has been damaged by that and we know that trademark is an asset for a brand, especially for such a well-established brand. It is difficult to protect brands’ trademarks if it has expanded all over the world due to different policies when across countries. However, I want to suggest that Louise Vuitton may simply write a warning to let the owner know that there is a legal issue if he keeps using LV’s product without replacing it legally, he will be charged a lot of money. I think it will work out for both of them.