Business Ethics: Toyota Company

Toyota company is a famous car company, as its reputation and market are both on the top of the world. However, Toyota company, between 2009 and 2011, experienced a large event, known as the Toyota vehicles recalls. According to their statement, this recall was because of the inferior quality of the components provided by certain suppliers. (wikipedia). However, people were doubting and relating this recall with some car accidents, for example those that happened in terms of similar problems such as the inferior quality of accelerators and brakes, which caused a large group of customers inconvenience and even serious car accidents.

Personally, I believe their decision to recall these vehicles was necessary but also a good example of corporate ethics. Their action represents their response to the customers and also its competitors. As a global company, Toyota should publish all truths including some accidents and inferiority, although I think it would be hard if they care a lot about the reputation.

Therefore, I believe corporate ethics of a company is essential, as stakeholders relating to the company can be a lot, especially the benefits of consumers can largely influence the global status of the company.

Source:

2009–11 toyota vehicle recalls. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_recall