Cherry Xu

pros vs. cons of blackberry

February 24th, 2011 · No Comments

In Michael Tam’s recent blog post, I want a Blackberry! He spoke of wanting a Blackberry. As a blackberry user, I found that there are both pros and cons of using a Blackberry.

As Michael mentioned, having a Blackberry does make you look professional. It not only makes you look professional, it actually makes users especially business users professional with  its best contact management, calendaring, and email devices. With its renowned mechanical keyboards, Blackberry users can send/receive emails, SMS messages, and set calendar productively.

While having so many advantages of Blackberry, the two major disadvantages are its slow internet and short battery life. Blackberry has a huge disadvantage of its short battery life. I have used Nokia before, and it provides the most optimal power consumption for users. Weeks of standby time and hours of talk time truly bring users a very convenient usage. However, I have to charge my blackberry every night. The battery life can only hold for a day or so. In addition, I have great difficulties with web browsing using a Blackberry. It has a relative slow internet especially comparing with its biggest competitor of smartphone-Iphone. It takes forever to load a site and the screen is too small to read compare to Iphone.

After reading these profs and cons of having a blackberry, are you still to consider buying one?

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.