Task 12: Speculative Futures

PART I Today is the first day of Alex’s first job as a financial consultant at G&S Wealth Management. He is nervous. He is only 18 years old and graduated from the academy of finance 2 months ago. In the academy, Alex spent the first year learning all potential career paths in the finance industry, …

Task 11: Algorithms of Predictive Text

In what textual products have you read statements like the one you generated? In blogs? Academic articles? Magazines? Novels?  I read similar statements only in titles of news or on Instagram, so I used my Instagram as my microblog channel for this task. How are these generated statements different from how you would normally express …

Task 9: Network Assignment Using Golden Record Curation Quiz Data

“For this task, you will view the visualizations (3) posted in CLAS and reflect on the implications and outcomes of their generation. The visualizations show not only connections between the participants’ music choices, but also groups participants based on the strength of these choices, creating communities of “like-minded” individuals. But exactly how like-minded are you?” …