A bit about myself

Where you live (town and country)?
Hi everyone! My name is Yi. After eight years of learning in Canada, I currently live in my hometown Nanjing, an ancient and beautiful city that used to be the capital of 6 dynasties in China. I graduated from the University of Waterloo with a BMath in Applied Mathematics and Business Administration 4 years ago. Then, on a trip back to my hometown, I was amazed by a wide range of new applications of educational technology products and services here. Therefore, I decided to join a capital investment company that has a focus on educational technology ventures. While working with investee companies, I’ve developed a significant interest in learning more about the industry, as well as the trends and opportunities in the future.

Where you are in your MET program and other courses you have taken?
This is my third semester in the MET program, and this is the first time I’ve decided to take 3 courses at the same time! I’m quite nervous, especially as ETEC 533 is one of the advanced graduate seminars. I hope to leverage my gains from ETEC500 & 540, along with my passion for integrating fun tools into the math and science learning environment.

What you hope to learn from this course?
Unlike most of the classmates above, I’m not a teacher. I hope to learn from my fellows about practical insights into math/science courses’ challenges and possible technology improvements. I also wish I will be able to objectively review and compare the current technology-enhanced math/science learning environment in Canada and China based on what I will learn from this course.