According to CBC News, Volkswagen announced to recall 11 millions vehicles because of the emissions and engine’s problems. As one of the biggest automaker companies over the world, it is ridiculous to have scandal like this.

volkswagen-logo-evolution

(Picture1)

One of my classmates Zhaojing Lu (Lisa) shows her opinion about this news on her blog (Lisa’s Blog). She thinks that Volkswagen’s scandal has harmed its reputation and also influences Germany a lot. The company makes its consumers feel disappointed and it need a long time to re-establish its corporate image. As far as I am concerned, her ideas are reasonable and I totally agree with these.

d06de80a716e842536294748cdbbc3c6

(Picture2)

Actually “good quality car” is a symbol of Germany. A lot of consumers prefer to buy those cars, which are produced by German automakers because they support with the idea that compared with other cars, German cars have better performances. There is not doubt that this scandal will decrease the quantity demanded of Volkswagen’s products. Besides, it might also influence other German products and German economy because people are always willing to spend their money on high reputation companies and this scandal makes consumers have doubts on German products.

VW-USA-February-sales-chart

(Picture3: Five Years Of February Volkswagen USA Volume:2011-2015)

In my opinion, Germany should regular more laws to avoid these kinds of situations happen again. The government should strengthen security and quality checks of both import and output products and companies should also follow business ethics rules consciously. This is not for money but for the culture core and corporate ethics for the company.

Finding-Business-Ethics-Training-for-Employees

(Picture4)

Websites’ Links:

Lisa’s Blog

Volkswagen to recall 11 million vehicles as emissions scandal expands

Volkswagen Official Website

Pictures’ Links:

Picture1’s Link

Picture2’s Link

Picture3’s Link

Picture4’s Link