Starbucks Offering Rewards Program (Finally!)

by Joyce Li ~ October 5th, 2011. Filed under: Uncategorized.

Image source

Starting yesterday (October 4), Starbucks’ new rewards program is in effect. Up until now, Starbucks has had no rewards program for loyal customers, which is surprising as many cafes and eateries nowadays have some sort of rewards program. Prior to this, Starbucks only had its “Starbucks card” program: you had to register a Starbucks card online, and you would get free add-ons such as syrups or soy milk, and a free birthday beverage each year.

The newly introduced program still requires a registered Starbucks card, but each time you make a purchase with your card, you earn a star. At 5 stars, you advance to the Green Level, in which you get free add-ons and birthday beverage, free refills on coffee or tea, and free beverage with whole bean purchase. If you collect 30 stars within 12 months, you advance to the Gold Level which includes a personalized Gold Card with your name on it mailed to you, a free beverage per 15 stars you collect, and personalized offers and coupons.

I am a huge Starbucks fanatic, so I will definitely benefit from this new program. It’s about time Starbucks started giving me something back after all the money I’ve spent buying its drinks.

What do you think of this new program?