J.C. Penney Introduces Wrapt Boutique, Encourages Impulse Buying

by Joyce Li ~ October 6th, 2011. Filed under: Uncategorized.

J.C. Penney is introducing a new in-store gift boutique called Wrapt Boutique, which features around 300 products, most being luxury goods that consumers can just grab and go. The boutique caters to hassled shoppers looking for easy gift purchases (ie: for Christmas). “Our customer is pressed for time. We wanted to pull it together for her to make it easier. These are impulsive gifts. We are creating a wow factor.” says Jan Hodges, a senior VP at J.C. Penney.

Wrapt Boutique may also attract consumers who are not regulars at J.C. Penney, featuring products such as gourmet candy from Dylan’s Candy Bar, tea pot sets from The Museum of Modern Art (or MoMA), and other specialty items. J.C. Penney fan or not, I think Wrapt Boutique will appeal to a wide range of consumers and be the solution for many frustrated Christmas shoppers who want to purchase easy and affordable, yet chic and stylish gifts. What a clever move on J.C. Penney’s part to target impulse buyers, because I’ve certainly done my share of impulse shopping.

What do you think of J.C. Penney’s new WRAPT concept?

Original article here.