Apple: Customer Turnover

I saw the blog post “Once Again, Apple Launches a ‘New’ Product” by Stephanie So, and I found out that we have similar view points.

She has mentioned that Apple is constantly launching new products which are similar to one another with a higher price, but only with some slightly improvements. If related to the what we learnt in COMM 101, it is dangerous for Apple to do this for several reasons.

First of all, since they are only a slightly improvements for the new product, they will be  losing their value proposition “newness” which has already been created in the past because customers no longer think that their products are creative.

Secondly, the industry of smartphones are really competitive. Brands like Samsung, and HTC are constantly launching new “varied” products. Customers seeking for something different will turnover to these companies.

Lastly, as Apple charge more for the new products, but with limited improvements compared to the older ones, so customer will not be willing to buy the new products since the older version is “similar” to the newer ones.

In conclusion, I think Apple should launch products that is totally different to the ones that they already have.

Once Again, Apple Launches a “New” Product