Pray for Japan

I was reading my friend Jennifer‘s blog and then one of her blog posts, “1000 Paper Crane for Japan” caught my eyes. Jennifer appreciate the fact that she is safe here at Vancouver and everyone around her is willing to help to fund raise  money for Japan. 1000 Paper Crane for Japan was one of the initiatives at Sauder, and each student donated at least one dollar for every crane they fold, based on the Japanese tradition which is after folding a 1000 paper cranes people can make one wish and that wish will come true.

Then I saw another news “Buy a crane, help Japan“, written by Gail Cole,talking about First Alternative are selling dozens of paper cranes made by their stuff, at the price of $1, $5, $10 and $15 depends on the quality of paper they use to fold the cranes. “Proceeds will go to the International Cooperative Alliance’s Japan Disaster Recovery Fund, to fund the rebuilding of food, housing, power and other types of co-ops in Japan.”

I am so glad to see people across the world are trying to do something to help those victims of the 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami. There are posters, flyers about help Japan at various locations. I see many donation boxes at Japanese restaurants as well as in many retail stores. Some of the companies/stores decide to donate some of their daily profits to Japan, and there are auctions going for to raise money for Japan.

Sometimes money or revenue isn’t the top priority of a company, and some of the social issues are worthwhile to a company to pay attention to and offer help if needed. A good company should know how to repay the society, and certain charity involvements would also add value to the brand image. In the case of natural disasters at Japan this month, companies are coming up with ideas/tactics of how to help those victims in Japan either financially or spiritually like, showing their concerns,  while doing something that is beneficial to the company at the same time.

We all pray for Japan!
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/075/8/f/pray_for_japan___2_by_hmalvao-d3boqts.png

This entry was posted in Marketing blog. Bookmark the permalink.