Merging with Machines, a response to Joanna’s blog

After reading Joanna Huang’s blog post on the article, “Well on our way to merging with machines,” not only did I learn that Israel is home to some of the most important research and development labs for big multinational companies but also hosts the operation of the titans—Microsoft, Google, IBM and soon Apple.

This article outlined the importance of technology in our lives and came up with some technology trends that are likely going to be popular in the future. According to Intel, perceptual computing, also known as motion gaming is expected to “play a much bigger role in the world at large”.  However, what really caught my attention was the concept of merging humans and machines. According to Oded Agam, head of vertical solutions strategic planning, he envision that the future nano-machines will be able to “enhance our capabilities, and they’ll be able to repair us, like a repair shop that will happen inside our blood cells and increase our lifespan…humans and machines will start to have the same capabilities.”

It seems like with the development of technology anything could be possible in the future, but it really makes me wonder, are we becoming too dependent on technology?