Check out our Agora Café’s featured story in the latest issue of Land and Food System’s ReachOut.
Are you looking for a fun way to gain some volunteer experience in a cafe? Agora is the right place for you!
Agora is now accepting applications for general volunteers. prep shift leaders and prep shift volunteers for the fall term of 2019!
Volunteers are required to complete a weekly shift at the cafe. More information is available under the “volunteer” tab of our blog.
1. Have a look at the positions available on our volunteer page and decide which ones you are interested in.
2. Click the link below and fill out an application before September 11th at 11:59PM.
Hello all! Happy Summer!!!
Agora has openings for the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year: Inventory Manager and Brand and Development Manager.
The Inventory Manager:
– orders all the products used in café menu items
– ensures all stock is up to date
– works closely with the finance manager to order within
budget from suppliers that share our core values.
The Brand and Development Manager:
– creates advertisements, posters, signage, etc. as necessary
– represents Agora at external events such as Imagine UBC
Day and faculty wellness expos.
– creates and distributes a monthly or bi-annual Agora
– improves Agora’s operations through researching, developing
and implementing ideas from the executive committee.
1. You must have been a general volunteer, prep shift leader or prep shift volunteer at Agora previously.
2. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate which position you are applying for. You may apply for both positions with one cover letter and resume.
3. Fill out https://doodle.com/poll/yugifdmsmzsg3efz and select all the time slots that you are available for an interview.
(Applies to B&D Manager applicants only and is optional) You may email past digital designs, artworks, and drawings along with your cover letter and resume.
Note: both steps must be completed by the deadline, August 8th at 11:59PM. A confirmation email for your appointed interview time and location (online/in person) will be sent out a few days after submission.
We look forward to hearing from you!!!
The deadline for available executive applications has been extended to March 6th @11:59 PM.
It’s that time of year again! Agora is looking for some fun and passionate volunteers for term 2. This is an amazing chance for you to gain experience working within a sustainable food system and join a community. Visit the volunteer section for more details and the application form!
We will be closing for term 1 on Wednesday, November 28th! Enjoy the holidays and we will see you on January 23rd when we open again!
Thank you for your continuous support xx
– Agora Executives
Volunteer Applications close tomorrow!
It’s your last chance to join a group of passionate and fun individuals! We would love to have you be a part of our community.
– Gain valuable leadership and teamwork skills
– Learn how a food service establishment operates
– Learn how to prepare nutritionally adequate and sustainable meals
– Polish your cooking and baking skills
– Meet new people and make friends!
Apply Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc_Rdu-vOTTSQPd-cyZPkDSna8BR1ich3GdclnhIEwEgNoykA/viewform
Sadly, the time has come again for Agora to close for the summer. Today, Thursday, March 29th is the last day that the cafe will be open for the 2017-2018 school year. Thank you to all of our amazing customers for making Agora possible! We are excited to see you again in September!
Next week, we are having a Bulk Sale at the cafe. Be sure to stop by April 3rd-5th between 10am-2pm to purchase anything from oats, sugar, and flour to frozen local fruit, milk, cream, and much more!
We have extended the execuative application deadline for the 2018-2019 school year until Wednesday, March 7th! Click on “we’re hiring” to find out more information about the positions that we are hiring for next year and how to apply.