The initiative builds on Canada’s substantial investment in democracy in the Americas, from the creation of the Unit for the Promotion of Democracy in the Organization of American States (OAS), to the Quebec City Summit and the Inter-American Democratic Charter. Canada was instrumental in the development of the Democratic Charter, and the idea of the Friends of the Charter as well as the international research network to monitor and report on democracy emerged from meetings in Canada.
- The Inter-American Democratic Charter and the Evolution of Democracy in Latin America: Strengths, Weaknesses and Recommendations
- Rafael Roncagliolo Appointed Foreign Minister of Peru
- Minister of State Ablonczy Proposes Compendium of Practices of Democracy
- Canada and the Americas: Priorities & Progress
- Democracy promotion needs more resources, imagination, political will
- Institucionalizar los cambios, el reto para la democracia en Bolivia
- Bolivia: democracia en construcción, ¿atrás o adelante?
- Plural Editores Publishes Bolivian Edition of ADRN Book
- Article in Los Tiempos on the seminar in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Pagina Siete interview on political situation in Bolivia
- ADRN’s new presentation in La Paz, Bolivia, February 15, 2011
- Article in La Republica on ADRN’s new book, “Democracia en la Región Andina”
- Radio Interview on RPP Noticias
- Interview regarding ADRN’s new book
- Statement on the Crisis in Ecuador