At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Describe the role of forest governance, public relations, and community development in promoting sustainable forest management;
- Explain the concepts, principles, strategies, and practices of forest governance, public relations, and community development in the context of sustainable forest management;
- Analyze the dynamics of forest governance institutions, and evaluate the national and international governance initiatives in terms of their contribution to sustainable forestry;
- Apply the principles of public relations in promoting sustainable forest management;
- Analyze the limitations of current forestry initiatives in advancing local community development, and recommend appropriate strategies for how forestry interventions can better achieve local community development; and
- Synthesize some lessons from tropical countries on how human dimensions of forest management can better contribute to sustainable forest management.