Why do we have a BCLA Student Chapter at UBC?
Our goals are to:
- raise awareness of and promote BCLA within SLAIS
- provide students with an opportunity for participation in BCLA
- contribute to the education of students through seminars, guest speakers, and other activities which reflect the diversity of opportunities available in librarianship in British Columbia and Canada, and allow for the exchange of ideas
- provide opportunities for networking with other students and professionals
- act as a liaison between the two organizations and the students of SLAIS
- offer opportunities for professional development
- work in cooperation with other SLAIS groups to provide better programs and services for students
Who can join?
Any SLAIS student can join the BCLA Student Chapter; we encourage you to join BCLA as well.
BCLA offers a complimentary one year student membership. More information can be found on the BCLA Membership Page.