Re: Holy Guacamole (by Peter Milobar)

Standard

enhanced-1465-1400439792-8

Now that I have your attention, today’s post will be regarding a fellow classmate’s blog on McDonald’s innovation. First of all, I would like to give props to Peter Milobar for such a catchy title for his blogpost that really got me interested in reading what he has to say.

The gist of this blogpost is that McDonald’s is testing a new flavour – guacamole in its burgers. In fact, there are already stores that offer a guacamole burger in Denver, Colorado. Peter argues that this is not a good move by Mcdonald’s as it costs a lot of time and money. He also mentioned that McDonald’s should focus on just basic fast-food burgers to avoid confusing consumers.

Peter gave some great points but at the end of the day, isn’t business all about risk taking? I believe that this move by McDonald’s will be a great attempt in developing another value proposition and perhaps outdo its competitors such as Chipotle and so on. Recently, McDonald’s sales have decreased and this led to stocks falling. Over the years, McDonald’s have dominated the fast food industry. By testing this new flavour, it is able to appeal to a larger consumer segment and re-gain its market share.This innovation will also be a huge point of difference for McDonald’s and if it works out, McDonald’s will experience a huge increase in sales, stocks and will continue to dominate the fast food industry.

enhanced-16943-1400441995-1

and perhaps one day, we will see this advertisement in a store in UBC.

Here is a video on the burger!