Innovative Aritzia

December 2nd, 2010

When the store Aritzia is mentioned, I immediately think trendy, fashionable, and quality. When I approached my dad, his response was trendy, noisy and over-priced. At least we can both agree Artizia is trendy. Founded in Vancouver at Hill’s of Kerrisdale in 1984, the thing that makes the store such an innovative success is its core values: they are strictly all about selling clothes, with the customers as their first priority. Their top operators, including Aritzia’s CEO, takes a hands-on approach, managing and retailing the stores not from an office, but from the stores themselves. Aritzia’s innovation stems from the majority of their merchandise being their own design. Even more, Aritzia houses brands such as Community, an ethical brand that uses organic and sustainable materials, appealing to the growing environmental-conscious women.

Check out Aritzia’s Holiday Gift Guide.

In my opinion, I love Aritzia’s culture because walking into a store, I am always greeted warmly by the associates and am constantly being helped. Sometimes it gets annoying, something about being approached every couple seconds to ask if they could take my items and start a room is irritating, but it is definitely better than the alternative – we all know too well getting frustrated in a store where sales associates are scarce. True to my dad, the price tags are a tad on the steep side but I feel that the environment and experience of Aritzia is worth it; I never feel let down purchasing Aritzia merchandise.

Source: Aritzia’s Wong ensures company’s focus is on customers from The Vancouver Sun.