I got a residence offer!

Literally the day after I finally stopped procrastinating, poured all of my clothes, textbooks, papers and electronics out of my suitcases onto my floor and started putting away all my bits and pieces I got an email from UBC housing saying:

“UBC Student Housing and Hospitality Services is offering you a room in residence.

Marine Drive

Offer date: May 4th
Expiry date: May 5th

I don’t know how it happened, last time I checked I was 590 on the waitlist for housing. Marine Drive was my dream place to live in and although I didn’t really want to take it in May the only other choice was to hope that I would get offered Winter term housing with the possibility of living at home for the rest of the year if I didn’t get housing. I really, really love living on campus. Although it is a little isolated from Vancouver I love being able to wake up and walk (or bike) to class. For five years I took the bus almost every single day, by now I am a little sick of it. Although Housing does not tell you what building or what floor you will be living on I took a gamble. A room on campus was much better than no room, and if I liked it I could stay there for as many years as I wanted to, so I pressed accept.

That day I recieved my room assignment and I picked up my keys yesterday. I haven’t moved in, but I took a look at the flat (I am living with 3 other people) and am so excited to live there! It is beautiful, my bedroom and the living room have one of the most beautiful views of Vancouver. I can wake up and look right out at the ocean, the mountains and all of UBC. One of my new flatmates said that we get beautiful sunsets, so I can’t wait to experience my first one of those. The room itself is pretty much the same as I had in q’elexen, a little smaller, no bike rack, but I get a living room and a kitchen so that’s pretty nice!

Here is a look out of my window:

I feel like the luckiest person in the world! So back to packing and unpacking all of my stuff =P It seems like the process will never end!

3 thoughts on “I got a residence offer!

1. wow! you have such an amazing view?! I also got residence in Marine Drive, it’s so nice ! It sucks that I had to apply for year-round, my actual Winter Residence waitlist number was such a ‘sad’ number….. I would be lucky if I got offered housing in Term 2 of next year! 😛