Old Sock Drawer

a story to tell, a novel you keep in a drawer

Old Sock Drawer header image 2

#018: Time management. Say WHAT?!?!

October 13th, 2008 by Mary Leong

Currently listening to: “My Freeze Ray” – Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog

“With my freeze ray I will stop the world
With my freeze ray I will find the time…”

Firstly, I hope everyone’s had a superb Thanksgiving weekend! In other news, that song [see above] is hilarious, so go listen to it. I promise you much chuckling and further YouTubing in search of the rest of the Dr. Horrible videos.

Secondly, I could definitely use that freeze ray. (“Stop the world…I wanna get on!” – The Producers reference, ha. But I digress.) Amidst terrible planning, an absolute lack of an attention span (as you must’ve noticed) and NO ability whatsoever to stick to a plan, I am finding myself with three days to the in-class paper for Arts One (Plato’s Republic, how delightful!), and four days to the Psych 100 midterm. Of course, in true Mary style, I’ve barely done any preparation for either (and will probably end up sliding through with a sheer stroke of luck and some subtle wordplay, thus giving me no incentive to actually study, the vicious cycle never ends). Must get on that…soon…good grief, will the procrastination never end? Honestly, girl, get a grip. On the bright side, the Arts One paper (Medea) is completed, though I doubt the legitimacy (and general prettiness) of the cover page. Gave it my best shot- I’ve no regrets. At least until we get them back…ha.

Thirdly, the “say WHAT” in the title of this entry is a tribute to a friend who defined, to a foreign student learning English, the term as “an expression used to follow up any ridiculous or crazy statement”. Most excellent indeed, though I can’t quite fathom for the life of me how frequently that phrase might come in handy.

Off to bed…before 2 a.m.! Mad props.

Tags:   1 Comment

1 response so far ↓

• 1 Samantha Horton Oct 14, 2008 at 10:32 am

I remember that in-class essay. I’m telling you, if you are having a hard time, the Spark Notes gave me all the clarification I needed.

Oh and! PSYCH 100 Midterm?! You are basically taking the same classes as me last year. (Though, I only took Arts One and PSYCH 100..) I still think that is pretty cool.

Well, Miss Mary, it seems that you are filling up my shoes! :D

What does your PSYCH book look like? Is it purple and green?