Aritzia goes online!

While reading blogs from my fellow classmates, one that really caught my eye is Ariel Liu’s blog about Aritzia expanding into e-commerce. As a shopper at Aritzia myself, I am surprised that the company is entering the e-market this late, as online shopping has become a norm within the last decade.

However, despite the late entrance to the market, it is important to note the fact mentioned that the online Aritzia store will have “a completely different approach than that of our bricks-and-mortar stores.” according to Brian Hill, CEO of the company.
The extra wait will all be worthwhile though. With the intention of inspiration alongside shopping, Aritzia online will not only aspire to be a highly efficient distributor of products, but also showcase the newest fashion trends like a magazine. New photo studios have been built for the company and management systems have been updated to accommodate the new market.
Though Aritzia may be late in the game in entering the online industry, their updated technology will increase efficiency and therefore decrease costs in the long run. The fashion forward image of the website will market new arrivals to the Aritzia collection and therefore increase sales. It will be interesting to see the progress of Aritzia as the company enters the online market within the next year.

Sources:

Aritzia Finally Catches The E-Commerce Train

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-magazine/aritzia-fashionably-late-to-internet-retailing/article4572317/

Images:
aritzia.jpg