From 2017 onward, please visit shannayeung.com
Students can participate in the online mentoring service at http://shannayeung.com/mentorship/
My name is Shanna Yeung and I am mainly a:
- science geek studying Pharmacology and Neuroscience at the University of British Columbia
- research geek in the field of neuro-ophthamology and vision science, and am interested in exploring other research fields
- advocate for vision health and individuals with blindness and visual impairments
- leader engaging youth to community service for populations that are disadvantaged through music
I am also:
- published poet as well as emerging playwright that focused on racism and prejudice
- first aid attendant with experience in range of settings from music festivals to marathons
- (striving to be) supportive sister, daughter and granddaughter, and a friend that can be counted on through thick and thin
In the past, I
- created a mobile app prototype for the diagnosis of a neurological disorder
- designed marketing campaigns for nonprofits and for-profits
- designed bilingual legal rights handouts for the BC Justice Society
- translated at a mental health forum.
I’m obsessed with discovery, improving healthcare, increasing awareness of social issues, and engaging the community.
If you would like to contact me, please email me at shannayeung[at]alumni.ubc.ca. I look forward to being in touch with you.