Welcome!

From 2017 onward, please visit shannayeung.com

Students can participate in the online mentoring service at http://shannayeung.com/mentorship/

My name is Shanna Yeung and I am mainly a:

• science geek studying Pharmacology and Neuroscience at the University of British Columbia
  • research geek in the field of neuro-ophthamology and vision science, and am interested in exploring other research fields
  • advocate for vision health and individuals with blindness and visual impairments
  • leader engaging youth to community service for populations that are disadvantaged through music

I am also:

• published poet as well as emerging playwright that focused on racism and prejudice
  • first aid attendant with experience in range of settings from music festivals to marathons
  • (striving to be) supportive sister, daughter and granddaughter, and a friend that can be counted on through thick and thin

In the past, I

• created a mobile app prototype for the diagnosis of a neurological disorder
  • designed marketing campaigns for nonprofits and for-profits
  • designed bilingual legal rights handouts for the BC Justice Society
  • translated at a mental health forum.

I’m obsessed with discovery, improving healthcare, increasing awareness of social issues, and engaging the community.

If you would like to contact me, please email me at shannayeung[at]alumni.ubc.ca. I look forward to being in touch with you.

Vision Health Volunteers Exec Team

Isn’t Rachel so pretty? 🙂

cute dog

Thanks for the flower Dad
Thanks for the sweet handmade birthday cards.
Thanks for coming to my birthday dinner!