Please see my new personal website at http://shannayeung.com
My name is Shanna Yeung and I am mainly a:
- science geek studying Pharmacology and Neuroscience at the University of British Columbia
- research geek in the field of neuro-ophthamology and vision science, and am interested in exploring other research fields
- advocate for vision health and individuals with blindness and visual impairments
- leader engaging youth to community service for populations that are disadvantaged through music
I am also:
- published poet as well as emerging playwright that focused on racism and prejudice
- first aid attendant with experience in range of settings from music festivals to marathons
- pharmacy assistant (I always get asked if pharmacy and pharmacology are the same. They are different!!)
- (striving to be) supportive sister, daughter and granddaughter, and a friend that can be counted on through thick and thin
In the past, I
- created a mobile app prototype for the diagnosis of a neurological disorder
- designed marketing campaigns for nonprofits and for-profits
- designed bilingual legal rights handouts for the BC Justice Society
- translated at a mental health forum.
I’m obsessed with discovery, improving healthcare, increasing awareness of social issues, and engaging the community.
If this Cliffnotes version wasn’t enough for you, check out my more detailed biography page.
If you would like to contact me, please leave me a comment. I look forward to being in touch with you.