Yes it has been an insane amount of time since I last blogged and some of you may be wondering if I was still alive. I am in fact alive and well, not that anyone probably noticed. AANNNNYYYWWAAAAYS.
This morning I finished my last midterm of my second wave (as I call it) and am suddenly overwhelmed by a sense of satisfaction and relief but mixed with a slightly big feeling of disappointment.
This past month I’ve been trying to get back into the groove by doing as much as I could and studying. Although most of the time this plan didn’t go very well, I did become a lot more productive than what I was in September. Still, I don’t think I had the motivation to do as well as I would’ve hoped in my midterms. These past few weeks have been absolutely insane and the relief comes from the fact that it’s finally over. In a couple weeks I have a term paper due and then five finals… which is insane because term ends in just three weeks. As cliché as it sounds, these past few months, my first months in university did indeed fly incredibly fast as I scrambled to make sense of it all and adjust. I guess I’m doing a relatively good job right now but again we’ll really see how well I turn out by the end of finals in December. Then Christmas… *sighs in content*
Some things I learned these past few months: and yes people have been telling me over and over again I just don’t really seem to be getting the jist of it (I’m slowly getting it)
1. Eat breakfast. Especially if you’re like me, having large solid blocks until 12 or 1. Your stomach will suffer which in turn will make your brain suffer which in turn will make you suffer. In general. Just eat something before class starts. Or bring something. But I’m sure you guys all know that by now haha.
2. Don’t put readings and assignments off. University really emphasizes the large amount of independence you have but that independence is abused so easily. The work does indeed pile up an a monstrous pace and before you know it you have mounds of work to do that you didn’t do before (cough. Thomas. cough)
3. Don’t procrastinate your studying. This is related to the previous point, this week I had a midterm late Thursday night and then one right after on Friday morning (This morning…meh). As you can imagine, I put it off and didn’t end up having a tremendous amount of time to study for this morning. And as you can imagine, I just felt absolutely terrible going into the exam room this morning because I didn’t know anything, no joke.
4. Sleep. I’m not even kidding, this is the only point on the list that I actually did well the past three months. Which may or may not be a good thing but I’m not gonna try guessing. I learned in Psych that your brain needs this time to sort memories and encode these memories to long term memory. So it’s better to sleep than to cram late. If not in bed, sleep on the bus like me. 😀 If you’re commuting that is.
5. Coffee. Coffee. Coffeeeeeee. This isn’t a lesson I learned, just something marvellous that I just discovered. I KNOW RIGHT? Late! Haha. I’m getting my Starbucks gold card in a couple weeks and I am excittteeeed!! 😀
So obviously I’m not really here to give advice, just to say things that I’ve learned past few months. And obviously I have learned all of these lessons the hard way and now I wish I didn’t. Haha.
BUT IT’S FRIDAY! Lots of catch up work to do this weekend. But thought I’d post anyways to let you all know I’m still alive and well 😉