Release of new Apple Products

Dax Aquilini has blogged about the release of the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C. He states the release of the iPhone 5C is going to open Apple to a new market, allowing people with a lower income the ability to buy an iPhone while the iPhone 5s keeps the higher end users a new toy to play with. I don’t agree though. As much as this a great marketing strategy for Apple, coming out with small changes in the hopes people want the ‘newest and greatest’, I feel the change in price of the iPhone 5C is not enough to encourage less wealthy people to buy iPhones. The price is only just over $100 dollars cheaper as Dax states and I do not think that is enough to entice people to buy the iPhone as this article argues. It goes on to say many people in India cannot afford the price of this product. Not only is it not much cheaper, I feel like as much as it’s a great marketing strategy, the product is not different at all…they changed the color and the iPhone 5S only has minor differences, the touch ID and a new processing chip that ‘supposedly’ makes the phone run twice as fast. I think buying an iPhone 5 or even an iPhone 4S is not going to make any difference in the experience you get out of the phone.