About Albatz

December 18, 2010.

I have just started two very different blogs. The first, for my Social Media class, is on a Facebook ‘business’ page: www.facebook.com/pages/Albatz/146447025398053 . It was supposed to be about art and design but instead became more of a “What is Elizabeth eating this week?” kind of blog, documenting my cooking and the ‘eating’ courses offered by UBC Continuing Studies. Lately I have been adding some art stuff. Facebook seems to work well for off-the-top-of-my-head commentary, as well as items that have a ‘process’ involved. As you carry on you add new images, and the ‘blog’ goes back up to the top of the News Feed, allowing people to see your most current state, as well as with all the steps along the way, e.g. kitchen reno; painting; piece of jewelry.

This blog was created in a WordPress class. It started out about art & design, but I found it difficult to add ‘in process’ type blogs. It appears that most blogs should be clear and well thought out, not something that I do really well. However I have been adding my food blogs here as I couldn’t categorize them in Facebook.