La Dolce Vita, sto arrivando!

by allisonf ~ June 1st, 2011. Filed under: Uncategorized.

(the sweet life, here I come)

Okay! Well I’ve somehow managed to plan a 20 day tour of Italy in about 3 days :S!!

I bought the France-Italy Eurail pass valid for 10 days of travel within 2 months, which just arrived yesterday. I reserved most of the trains yesterday, but sadly June 2nd is a holiday in France and the train I really needed to get from Grenoble to Riomaggiore was completely booked…. Soooo, now I leave Grenoble tomorrow morning (June 2nd) at 6:30 am, arriving in Riomaggiore at 7:45 pm (same time zone) with about 6 transfers between trains …yikes.

The first village I saty in is Riomaggiore, part of Cinque Terre, in the region of Liguria. It is right on the Mediterranean sea and a hot spot for backpackers… I stay here for 3 nights. Then I leave June 5th for Roma! Here I stay 2 nights before heading to Positano (where they invented the bikini) on the Amalfi coast, for 2 nights, then I head to the island of Ischia for 1 night, before taking the train out of Napoli for Bassano del Grappa!

I arrive in Bassano Friday night, Paolo (relative) will pick me up and I will stay in Bassano from the 10th-17th. Day trips to Venice, Padua, Verona are all in that time frame too! Really excited to really get the full Italian family experience 🙂

I leave Friday, June 17th for Rimini (on the east coast), for 2 nights at some of the best discotecs around…not to mention gorgeous beaches. Then I leave Rimini, for a more cultural spot: Florence (Firenze) for 2 nights (daytripping to Pisa). I leave Florence on the 21st of June for Grenoble, arriving back in Gre at 21:30.

Once back in Grenoble, I still have 3 days left on my pass, and will visit Nice and Marseille (to see James) before coming back to Grenoble once more about the 27th. I leave back to Canada super early in the am on June 29th…

I don’t think I have any idea what I’ve gotten myself into…but it’s likely to be highly interesting at the very least!!

Italia awaits me!! Ciao !!

2 Responses to La Dolce Vita, sto arrivando!

1.   Blair Franko

Look at you go! When my prodigal daughter returns, it’ll be good to have you back. Watch your back…pack, etc, but most importantly, look forward, pay attention, and HAVE FUN. Use SPF 50 to avoid painful sunburns! Love Dad. xoxoxo

2.   Filipa

HELLO LOVE!

Its good to hear ur having a great time! u better find a charming Italian prince there! I haven’t seen anything up on ur blog for a while so I know that you are having fun then!

xoxoxo Cant wait to see u