RE: “Whole Foods Market: Organic Living at its Finest”

November 16th, 2013 § 0 comments

Valendina de Bonis’s blog post on Whole Foods Market interested me, as I have many friends that have recommened the store to me but I haven’t had the chance to visit the store.

After reading Valendina’s blog post and doing some research on Whole Foods Market, I see that although this grocery store offers groceries at a higher price end, but the high cost can be reflected in the higher quality merchandise and there is definitely a growing market for this company.

In recent years, living a healthy life has became a more popular trend and people are always looking for ways to improve their lifestyles whether if its by following a healthy diet or purchasing environmentally-friendly products. The demand for a higher quality lifestyle is becoming rather price inelastic: the price of the products does not significantly alter consumers’ preference on purchasing better products. Since Whole Foods Market values a healthy life style and promotes organic diets and the sustainability of the environment, it has become one of the most popular stores people visit. Depending on different people’s values, some may consider the price reasonable for the products but some may just choose to walk away.