Skip navigation

ENGL 301 is an exploration into the foundations of formal writing and effective written communication. It guides students through the principles of formal written communication and helps create individuals that are sensitive to the needs of the reader. In addition, the course also maintains standard practices for education in the research processes, and how to create effective proposals to better aid in the students’ academic career. Lastly, the course teaches business writing, drafting business plans, and the writing of job resumes and application letters. The course will be taught through the method of self-studying via textbook looking and class exercises, coupled with the help of peer review to stimulate communication between peers.

My Expectation
In the course, I expect to engage in activities that prepare me for planning and creating an effective job application and resume. As I lack the experience in creating a compelling application, I hope to strengthen these weaknesses in the following months so that I am able to create writing that showcases my assets in an effective and profession manner.

Lastly, I expect to push my boundaries as an effective writer by the end of the term and look forward to learn about creating a professional online presence so that I can broaden my networking strategies.

In the coming weeks I look forward to learning together with you all and best of luck in all your future endeavors.