Move In Day!

Well, this is it I guess. Yesterday was residence move in day, and let me tell you, it’s up there on the list of busiest days of my life. As hectic and, at moments, chaotic as it was, I had so much fun setting up my own little space. I’m really excited to be living in Totem Park this year and honestly cannot wait for the school year to get started. As someone who came to university from out of province, it didn’t really seem real until yesterday.

I have to commend all of the volunteers yesterday who allowed the events to move smoothly and with ease despite such a high volume of students & parents all trying to get to the same place. They were instrumental to making the day such an enjoyable experience and I’m so grateful to all those who helped out.

So, I’m a huge planning freak so when I found out the type of room I was living in I immediately sketched up how I wanted to position everything in my room which I found really helpful, especially when I was shopping for things to actually go in my room. I picked out my colour scheme probably a week after I submitted my residence application so I knew right off the bat when shopping the type of pieces I wanted for my room. Trust me, I spent many a night scouring Pinterest, Target, Pottery Barn, etc. for inspiration and pieces to elevate my dorm room. Even with all my planning, I was still shocked when I walked in and found out how small the room really was. I’m so thankful for all the built in storage I have, I couldn’t have done it without it. I also vastly underestimated some of the things I needed so I’m planning a big Ikea trip to finish up my room.

After all the hustle and bustle was over, it was so cool to attend my first university football game! A huge congratulations to our UBC Thunderbirds for their victory over the University of Alberta Golden Bears. The energy in the stadium was crazy and the overflowing school support warmed my heart. I’m a football fan and the game kept me entertained and cheering all night long.

I’m personally really excited to be starting classes soon and really getting into the swing of things. My question of the day is what are you most looking forward to this new school year? Leave me a comment down below and let me know!

I can’t wait to share more posts with you guys, so please stay tuned for more in the future. This Tuesday, I’m going to be talking about a day trip down to Seattle and all the exciting things to do and see there.

Until next time,

Mikayla