Creating a Web Folio

As our last assignment, we have the opportunity to create a web folio. At first it seems similar to the blog that was created at the beginning of the term. However, when I read the assignment in detail, I realized it is very different. The web folio is a compilation of most of our assignments of the term, including our initial introductions, various writing pieces and our reflections.

The process of creating the web folio was a little hectic. I do not have much experience with creating a blog and when I created a blog at the beginning of the term, it was through a lot of research and trial and error. I had forgotten a lot of the skills to create new pages or structuring my web folio. By far, the most interesting part of creating this web folio was learning how to attach a LinkedIn profile onto my web folio. With various trial and error, I found that my LinkedIn profile can be put on my web folio alike to a tag and not simply a link. When others click on it, it directs the screen to the LinkedIn website.

Furthermore, the process of creating the web folio felt rather complete. As I edit through some of my work throughout the term and compile different pages onto my web folio, it reminds me of the time when I had initially worked on those assignments. I noticed the varied types of writing we did and observed changes in my writing style too. In addition, I also really enjoy personalizing my web folio to which I had not in the blog. I was able to personalize my header image and seek out images that matched my blog style. Overall, Creating this web folio had been a positive experience and as I go through the different posts and pages, some images of me working through these assignments appear.