Blog 1: An Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Cicely Finamore and I am a second year Sauder student prospecting to do a double major in Accounting and Marketing. I have lived in Canada my entire life and grew up in a medium sized city called Port Moody, which is conveniently only an hour away from UBC! Although the course Comm. 296 is required to graduate, this is not the reason why I am taking it. I ultimately want a career in Accounting but I want to have the knowledge and ability of a marketer, which is my passion. I have had the great pleasure of experiencing both the role of a consumer and the role of a marketer. Which role do I like better? That depends on the purpose I am trying to pursue as a marketer or the value I am expecting to receive as a consumer. Recently I was appointed the Vice President of Marketing for the Style and the City 2012 Conference in March. This opportunity gave me a chance to learn about the complex steps that go into a marketing plan and the ways to create value for your brand and consumer. After having had the experience of a marketer for Style and the City, I now have a new appreciation and passion for the topic.

As I mentioned in class I am a die heart fan of Apple’s Macs! I don’t have one favourite ad but a series of ads which I consider to be my favourite, the Mac ads which feature actor Justin Long. I have attached a must-see YouTube clip featuring a collection of my favourite Mac ads. Although the ads are quiet simple they state facts that consumers would not normally think of but once mentioned are quiet obvious and comical.

Lastly something personal about myself, other then being completely obsessed with Apple products, I have been a server at De Dutch Pannekoek for 6 years. I am assuming that most of you who know De Dutch are drooling at the mention of its name, best Pannekoeks in Canada!

Feel free to post on my blog or send me a message throughout the semester if you have any questions or comments about one of my postings! Looking forward to studying marketing this semester!

YouTube Preview Image