LMS Selection

The assignment of creating a rubric to decide on a Learning Management Systems (LMS) for Athabasca University was an interesting endeavor. It demonstrated the complexity of the process of developing a team-created rubric as well as the multiple considerations for implementing and using a sustainable and user-friendly LMS.

Although I do not participate in a committee or process to adopt and maintain the Desire2Learn (D2L) LMS at Camosun College, I am now more confident to share my thoughts and experiences with our LMS to help guide decisions and make improvements that will benefit students and faculty. I create and use rubrics in all my courses, yet this assignment provided a different context that demonstrates the value in assessment for multiple platforms.

I appreciated all my team members and their willingness to create a positive collaborative experience. They readily shared their skills and knowledge regarding Learning Management Systems, as well as contributed to the tasks for assignment completion. Everyone was flexible for scheduling meetings and were actively involved in team conversations. It was helpful to be introduced to new tools for making our processes efficient (e.g., Google Hangout and Google Docs).

Thanks everyone for a great learning experience and first completed group project in my MET courses!