We are in the process of negotiating a new room for lecture. If and when it goes through, we’ll move everyone in the waitlist as of today (12 people) into the class. However, we’re also blocking further registration. This is because (1) with the waitlist move, we’ll already have expanded the course twice and more registration will stretch us thin, (2) we’re already solidly into the course at this time, and (3) this will allow both we (the course staff) and students to resolve the current uncertainty about who’s in the class sooner.
I’ll update students in the class and waitlist with Piazza announcements as more information comes in but wanted the reason for shutting the waitlist down to be public!
Thanks to many people in the department for arranging the room swap and managing the waitlist!