Email to Potential Writing Team Member 1

To: ppatel45@alumni.ubc.ca
From: chaerinyang@gmail.com
Date: September 18, 2019
Subject: ENGL301 Professional Writing Team

Hi Prianka,

I am writing in regards to creating a prospective professional writing team for ENGL301.

Your application letter really stood out for me – I truly respect that you have had such diverse experiences in both professional and voluntary environments. As per my letter of application, I have also worked in environments that demand professionalism and effective communication for efficiency.

I believe that we could potentially make a compatible team, helping each other out with our weaknesses while enhancing our strengths. You have stated in your letter that you tend to skip proofreading when submitting papers. I could help you work on that, as I have substantial experience regarding editing writing. I have been on the editorial team for UBC’s Economics Journal, and have edited high volumes of formal thesis papers, going through multiple rounds in order to perfect them before publishing the journal. Furthermore, I believe I could learn from your extensive experiences in communicating with various individuals and interpersonal skills, since I am less confident with interacting with different individuals.

I believe that we could make a great constructive team with mutual respect, open-mindedness, and integrity.

I hope to hear back soon, and you can reach me at chaerinyang@gmail.com.

Enclosed is a copy of my Letter of Application.

Best regards,

Chae Rin