Bio

I began my academic journey in 2014, without even a vague idea of what career path I want to pursue. After two years, I was still lost and felt like going to school just to fulfill credits was pointless, and so in 2016, I decided to take a break from my studies until I find a solid interest in a specific field.

During this period, I had the opportunity to intern at the Korean Development Bank in the Project Finance division. There, I developed an interest in the mechanisms of financing for major public infrastructure, especially in emerging markets, and decided that it was the field I would want to work in. I wanted to further expand my understanding of the broader framework of infrastructure financing, and was able to gain a legal perspective of the elaborate procedures of project finance through an internship at a law firm in Singapore, where I worked on international arbitration and contract law in construction and projects.

I returned to school in 2018 with a drive that I would not have been able to find if I hadn’t decided to take time off. Currently, I am pursuing an Interdisciplinary degree with a focus on Economics and Commerce. With the all-round nature of a multi-disciplinary course, I could also study in considerable depth in subjects that I find fascinating in the humanities, especially history.