Email to Potential Writing Team Member 3

To: ranj.dhaliwal@alumni.ubc.ca
From: chaerinyang@gmail.com
Date: September 18, 2019
Subject: ENGL301 Professional Writing Team

Hi Ranj,

I am reaching out to see if you would like to join me in creating a professional writing team for ENGL301. I have already reached out to Priyanka Patel and Tameen Imran, however I am yet to receive a reply.

I’ve browsed your blog and I thought that it would be great to work with you, since we have very similar interests and goals.

I was pleasantly surprised when I read that you are working as a project coordinate for a local construction company, and also have interest in finance and investment. I have a genuine interest in project finance and public infrastructure and wish to pursue a career in the field after graduation. I’ve had previous experience working at a bank in the project finance division, which helped me a lot to understand the general framework of the construction, maintenance, and operation of public infrastructure.

I also saw on your letter of application that you have experience working in a professional environment, handling legal contracts and different types of professional communication. I too have similar experience while working in a law firm specifically practicing in contract law for construction and projects. Similar to your experience, my primary tasks were to create formal documents, proof reading contracts, appendices, correspondence between parties involved, and such.

With our similar interests and experiences, I believe we could make a great constructive team with mutual respect, open-mindedness, and integrity.

I hope to hear back soon, and you can reach me at chaerinyang@gmail.com.

Enclosed is my Letter of Application.

Thanks a lot,
Chae Rin