You may be eligible to participate if:
- You are at least 25 years old.
- You are comfortable with reading and writing in English.
- Your schedule permits you to fill out smartphone surveys 5 times throughout each day.
- You do not expect to move away from British Columbia in the next 3 years.
You are NOT eligible to participate if:
- A doctor has ever diagnosed you with:
- an autoimmune disorder (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, type 1 diabetes), or
- an endocrine disorder (e.g., Cushing, Addison), or
- a sleep-related condition (such as chronic insomnia, sleep apnea, circadian rhythm disorder, or narcolepsy)
- You suspect that you may have clinically-significant sleep problems
- You currently take any of the following medications:
- sleep medications (e.g., sedative-hypnotics), or
- medications containing steroids or cortisone (e.g., steroid inhaler, prednisone, fluticasone)
- You sometimes or frequently work night shifts that extend past midnight.
- You have been told by a dentist or dental hygienist that you have a gum disease (e.g., gingivitis).
- You have had oral surgery in the past month.
- You have had any of the following oral health conditions in the past month:
- Aches or pain in your teeth or gums
- Sores or cuts in your mouth
- Gums bleed easily (e.g., after brushing your teeth)
- Gums are red or swollen
- Lost a tooth or had loose teeth
- You had cavities filled, or you need to have a cavity filled
If you are eligible to participate, your daily life surveys will be scheduled for a period when:
- You are not sick (e.g., no cold or flu)
- You have not traveled across time zones in the past week, and you do not intend to travel across time zones in the next two weeks