Is BlackBerry back in the game?

Just when we all thought that BlackBerry was ready to give up due to its failure in the past few years, the company comes up with a new, innovative idea that could truly be a game changer. In my opinion, BlackBerry finally realized that they must return to their original idea of providing phones for people in the business world. The new BlackBerry Passport has a very large screen, “13-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization, 32 GB of storage, a MicroSD card slot, and a 3,450 mAh battery”. These are just a number of the many useful features that are included in the new BlackBerry Passport that meet the demands of corporate users.

In my opinion, BlackBerry is doing the right thing by shifting its focus back to its original purpose and idea. Pei Ran made a very good point in regards to this in his blog post stating that “BlackBerry’s new strategy allows them to play their strengths and create a smartphone targeted towards corporate users.” This is what they’re good at and this is what will get them back in the game. The shift in focus will enable this company to rise to the top once again. Although it will be difficult for them to win back their customers, I believe that BlackBerry will be able to achieve success.