Wind Mobile Flying to New Heights

by Di (Dina) Lu ~ September 20th, 2012. Filed under: Uncategorized.

Congratulations to Wind Mobile for having recently surpassed the 500,000 customer milestone!

It is especially difficult these days for a mobile phone company to prosper in Canada because of competition with the big three (Telus, Rogers and Bell), but Wind has been rapidly growing since its entrance into the wireless telecommunications industry in December 2009.

Wind’s point of difference in comparison to the big three is its cheaper plans that offer more minutes, texting and data. As a matter of fact, I switched from Koodo to Wind in August because I was looking to upgrade to a better plan for university. What caught my eye was Wind’s limited-time plan of $29 for unlimited local calling, Canada-wide texting and data. Also, I wouldn’t be bound to a contract, but instead, I would have part of my phone bill put on a on a monthly tab.

The look of Wind is also something that makes it stand out. Its consistently bright orange ads not only attract customers’ attention, but makes the colour orange associated with the company. The ads of Bell and Telus are quite plain compared to those of Wind; Rogers’ is a bit better with the deep red. What do you think?