Fred Rego

Name: Fred Rego

Entrepreneurial history:
Fred Rego has been involved with 7 technology startups since he was 18 years old. Fred started his career at Biodata Informatica – a startup in Rio de Janeiro – as a software developer and a couple of years later he was invited to join another startup, Medidata Informatica. After working at Medidata for a few years Fred accepted an offer to work at the Rio de Janeiro’s office of Accenture Technology and then left Accenture to join Axis Informatica, a software services startup as Director of Information Services.

Fred left Axis to move to Canada in the late 80’s and work at Health Care Systems a health-care software development organization. Fred left HCS to start with 3 other partners an aviation software development company called AeroInfo Systems. In September 2000 Fred and his partners sold AeroInfo to the Boeing Company. Fred remained at Boeing Canada AeroInfo running its operation and growing it from 15 to over 200 people in 2010 turning it into one of Boeing’s most successful subsidiaries. After leaving Boeing Fred co-founded 2 mobile software companies and in 2012 co-founded his current software development company, ACECLA Technology.

Name of current business: ACECLA Technology Ltd
acecla logo

What we do in our business:
ACECLA is a custom software development organization focused on Aviation, Education and Health Care applications. We only employ top-notch individuals focusing on providing total customer satisfaction.

http://acecla.com

Why this particular business?
I’ve been working in Software Development since the beginning of my career, I consider myself very experienced and I believe there’s plenty of room in the market for a company that provides outstanding services and deliver quality results on-time and within budget.

acecla 2

Biggest day-to-day challenges as an entrepreneur:
• Getting & retaining customers
• Delivering above average quality services
• Hiring outstanding IT resources

Greatest delights in being an entrepreneur:
• Contributing to the community by providing jobs and helping people grow in their careers.
• I also love facing challenges and overcoming them.

4 Key pieces of advice you would give to future entrepreneurs:
• Believe in your business and have passion for it but don’t fall in love with it, it’s a business.
• Build an excellent sales strategy and focus on sales, getting and retaining customers is the recipe for success.
• Focus on customer satisfaction and not on the money, money will come if your customers are happy.
• Expand your network. Try meeting as many people as you can, one of these connections can help you one day.

Where do you see yourself going as an entrepreneur in the future?
My entrepreneurial dream is to build a startup accelerator and continue helping new entrepreneurs by providing advice, helping them grow and in some cases providing seed investment.

acecla 3