Peer Review of Jasmin’s Formal Report Proposal

To: Jasmin Senghera

From: Hannah Becker

Date: February 2, 2019

Subject: Review of your Report Proposal

I have reviewed your report proposal regarding new methods for food expiry management in Shoppers Drug Mart. I’m very interested by your report topic and impressed by your well thought out proposal. I’m sure that your experience working in the store for four years is why I find your report proposal very feasible and well-planned. I reviewed the proposal multiple times and found no errors, and few suggestions. I will list some suggestions and thoughts below:

Organization:

The Proposal flows well and it is easy to see how one thought flows to another. In your ‘Statement of Problem’ section I would suggest you more clearly state the problems at hand. I found three issues- maybe it would be most straightforward if you listed them, or created two parts of the paragraph. The first part could state the current system and the second part could list the issues with the current system.

In the ‘Proposed Solution’ section I found a similar issue. You list a solution, then list some addendums to it or alternative solutions all together. It would be nice if you made more clear what exactly the solutions you are proposing are, and how many there are. Also, if they would be implemented together or alternatively

Research:

I think your proximity to the issue will be a great asset. You made very clear the methods that you plan to use. I would suggest contacting the managers of other Shopper’s Drug Marts in the same area to see if they have implemented any solutions to this issue, or if they are all facing the same issue. If others have tried to fix this issue, whether successful or not, it will help in your research.

I hope that these few suggestions are helpful. I think that you have a solid proposal that will serve as a great basis for you to begin research. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with further questions.

Jasmin’s proposal :https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99c-2018wc/2019/01/27/formal-report-proposal/

Thanks,

Hannah Becker