Business Letters

From: hannahbecker1000@gmail.com

To: customercare@united.com

March 4, 2019

Subject: Compensation for Flight Cancellation

To Whom it May Concern,

I recently had a United flight cancelled, which resulted in me having to stay in San Francisco an additional night. I would like compensation for my hotel stay.

My flight was flight UA789 on February 28th from SFO to YVR. My flight confirmation number is RF23433, and my United MileagePlus account number is RB 733950.  

I was rebooked on a flight the following day, so I had to pay for a hotel stay the night of the 28th. The price was $134.23 USD, I will attach the receipt below. I have nothing but good experiences before this with United Airlines, and you will see that I am a frequent flier. I trust that you will take this into account when considering the compensation.

Please let me know if you need my bank transfer details.

Thanks,

Hannah Becker

Enclosed: Best Western San Francisco Receipt

From: customercare@united.com

To: hannahbecker1000@gmail.com

March 6, 2019

Dear Ms. Becker,

First and foremost, we at United Airlines would like to sincerely apologize for your flight cancellation and the inconvenience it caused. We do our best to get passengers where they are going as quickly as possible, and I’m sorry that was not the case in this situation.

I have looked into the details of your cancelled flight and found that it was cancelled due to a storm in San Francisco that night. Unfortunately, weather issues are out of our control and we are therefore not liable for any delays that weather may cause. While I would like to provide you with monetary compensation for your hotel, I’m afraid that I’m not able to do so due to United policy. However, I can offer you a free flight voucher, which I will attach to this email. It is redeemable for the rest of 2019.

We value you as a member of our MileagePlus program and appreciate your continued loyalty. We look forward to seeing you on a flight again soon. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Sincerely,

Josie Smith

Enclosed: United Flight Voucher