Assignment 3:1 – Complaint and Bad News Letters

March 3, 2019

Ms. Andrea Lam
213 Fir Street
Vancouver, BC
V6K 2E5

Dear Ms. Lam:

Hello. My name is Jenny Bachynski, and I was a recent customer at your bagel store. I have been shopping at Bagel World for years and feel that the products you offer are of excellent quality. The other day I purchased a dozen bagels, and when I arrived home a handful of the bagels had mold on them. I know this is not a usual occurrence for your business, but it is a serious health matter, so I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Due to my schedule, I was unable to return the bagels for an exchange and have since thrown them away. I would be grateful if you could refund me for the bagels when I come in for my next visit.

I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my concerns. I believe that a store of your quality would want to correct a problem such as this, that could potentially make customers ill. I believe that this is a rare mistake on your part and am excited to continue enjoying your products.

Sincerely,

Jenny Bachynski

March 3, 2019

Ms. Jenny Bachynski
321 Fir Street
Vancouver, BC
V6O 2E8

Dear Ms. Bachynski,

Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. Not only do we value your time, but the fact that you are a loyal customer. I am so sorry that the bagels you bought were not up to our high standards. It is very rare that something like this could happen, as we pride ourselves on having the freshest product available.

Unfortunately, without being able to see the moldy bagels (in person or by photo), we are unable to offer a discount. However, you are a valued and recurring customer, so we would love to offer you a store credit that allows for you to pick any items you would like that have equal monetary value to the uneatable bagels.

I have already put a note in our files to ensure that the next time you visit, the store credit will be available. Thank you again for taking the time to voice your thoughts. As a business, we can only improve with the feedback from people who value our store. Our customers’ health and satisfaction is our greatest concern.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Andrea Lam

Bagel World – Owner and Manager