3:1 Business Letters: Complaint&Bad News Letters

Complaint

To:                   Freedom Mobile Canada Customer Service Department

From:              Ayazhan Makhambetova

Date:               March 10, 2019

Subject:          Phone Plan Billing Error

Hello,

I am a current user of your phone services and could not be happier with the quality of the service. However, I have just received my bill for this month’s service and there seems to be an error as I have been charged double the amount my phone plan costs. The following is my account information on the bill.

Phone Number:                     +1(604)1112233

Name:                                     Ayazhan Makhambetova

Account Number:                 #ABC00100200304

Billing Date:                          March 10, 2019

Billing Number:                    #6669966

Amount:                                 $89.60

My current plan is Smartphone 40 Bonus 2GB (Activation Date: May 20, 2017), that should cost $44.80 after tax.

I hope the information provided above is sufficient enough to help me resolve the billing issue. I am extremely happy with the phone plan I currently use and would like to see the problem be resolved before I pay it online soon.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear back from you.

Bad News

To:                  Ayazhan Makhambetova

From:              Freedom Mobile Canada Customer Service Department

Date:               March 10, 2019

Subject:          RE: Phone Plan Billing Error

Dear Ms.Makhambetova,

I am Kathy with Freedom Mobile Customer Service Department. I would like to offer our sincere apology first, and I am here to help you sort the billing situation. Also, I am glad to hear your enthusiasm about our product. At Freedom Mobile, we care about our customer’s needs, as we always strive to exceed your expectations.

I have examined your account and found that there has been no payment for the previous month’s phone plan usage. Our Auto Pay service tried to charge your credit card, but the transaction did not go through. In that case your services should have been disabled, because your plan is on a prepaid term. However, because of the issue on our end you were able to use your phone plan without it being paid for.

Therefore, this month you have been charged for the current and previous billing cycles. I apologize for the inconvenience this misunderstanding might have caused and I promise that we will do our best to avoid this kind of situations in the future.

If there is anything else to inquire, please feel free to reach us at Freedom Mobile Canada Customer Service.

Thank you.