Assignment 3.1: Complaint and Bad News Adjustment Letters

Complaint Letter

Amazon Vancouver
510 W Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC
V6B 0M3

March 2, 2019

Brent Hanover
1234 Fake Street
Vancouver, BC
V6T 1S4
Attention: Amazon Customer Support

Dear Amazon customer support,

I placed an order for an EVGA GeForce GTX 1070i GPU on February 12 of this year using the Amazon Android app. The order number is AZ94854367. I have been a customer for years and a Prime member for the better part of those years and have never before had a problem with customer service.

The delivery of this package left the GPU completely destroyed; I could tell this before I even opened the box. It was obvious to me that the package was handled carelessly in transportation. I asked my building manager to pull the footage from the front door security camera from that day, and that footage showed your delivery driver one-hand tossing the package towards the door, and turning his back to leave before the package even hit the ground.

The cost of this GPU is well over 750 dollars.

When I spoke to a customer service representative on the phone, she made rude and accusatory remarks that insinuated that I caused the damage and that I was just looking for “a free replacement”. She was correct in that I was looking for a replacement, but now I would like a refund as the interactions with her have left me dissatisfied with your company in general.

You will find the broken GPU enclosed, and I have also enclosed a flash drive with the security footage. I would like a full refund for the product.

Thank you,

Image result for signature obama

Brent Hanover

Enclosure: GPU to return and flash drive with security footage

Bad News Adjustment Letter

Brent Hanover
1234 Fake Street
Vancouver, BC
V6T 1S4

March 9, 2019

Amazon Vancouver
510 W Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC
V6B 0M3

Hi Brent,

We are very sorry to hear that two Amazon employees have mistreated you. At Amazon we always strive for excellence both in services and in customer service.

Amazon recently implemented a policy that is trying to deter customers from fraudulently taking advantage of our generous return policy. I think that this policy may have been misinterpreted by the employee that you spoke to over the phone.

I have ensured that you have received a full refund for the defective product. I have also credited this year’s subscription to Amazon Prime to your account for your troubles and for dealing with the situation in a professional manner.

We’d like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do not want any of our customers treated this way, and this is an opportunity to ensure appropriate action is taken against these employees so that a similar situation does not happen with other customers.

We truly appreciate your business and hope that this unfortunate interaction does not prevent you from choosing Amazon in the future.

Regards,

Image result for signature

Olivia Prah

Amazon Customer Service Representative